42 CFR 423.2345 - Termination of Discount Program Agreement.
(1) CMS may terminate the Discount Program Agreement for a knowing and willful violation of the requirements of the agreement or other good cause shown in relation to the manufacturer's participation in the Discount Program.
(2) The termination must not be effective earlier than 30 days after the date of notice to the manufacturer of such termination and must not be effective prior to resolution of timely appeal requests received in accordance with paragraphs (a)(4) and (5) of this section.
(i) CMS provides the manufacturer with an opportunity to cure any ground for termination for cause or to show the manufacturer is in compliance with the Discount Program Agreement within 30 calendar days of receipt of the written termination notice.
(ii) If the manufacturer cures the violation, or establishes that it was in compliance within the cure period, CMS repeals the termination notice by written notice.
(4) CMS provides upon request a manufacturer with a hearing with the hearing officer concerning such termination if requested in writing within 15 calendar days of receiving notice of the termination. The hearing takes place prior to the effective date of the termination with sufficient time for such effective date to be repealed if CMS determines appropriate.
(i) CMS or a manufacturer that has received an unfavorable determination from the hearing officer may request review by the CMS Administrator within 30 calendar days of receipt of the notification of such determination.
(ii) The decision of the CMS Administrator is final and binding.
(1) The manufacturer may terminate the Discount Program Agreement for any reason.
(2) Such termination is effective as of the day after the end of the calendar year if the termination occurs before January 30 of a calendar year, or as of the day after the end of the succeeding calendar year if the termination occurs on or after January 30 of a calendar year.
(c) Any termination does not affect the manufacturer's responsibility to reimburse Part D sponsors for applicable discounts incurred before the effective date of the termination.
(d) Upon the effective date of termination of the Discount Program Agreement, CMS ceases releasing data to the manufacturer except as necessary to ensure that the manufacturer reimburses applicable discounts for previous time periods in which the Discount Program Agreement was in effect, and notifies the manufacturer to destroy data files provided by CMS under the Discount Program Agreement.
(e) Manufacturer reinstatement is available only upon payment of any and all outstanding applicable discounts incurred during any previous period under the Discount Program Agreement. The timing of any such reinstatement is consistent with the requirements for entering into a Discount Program Agreement under § 423.2315(c) of this subpart.