42 CFR 426.513 - Participation as amicus curiae.
(a)Petition for participation. Any person or organization that wishes to participate as amicus curiae must timely file with the Board a petition that concisely states -
(1) The petitioner's interest in the hearing;
(2) Who will represent the petitioner; and
(3) The issues on which the petitioner intends to present argument.
(b)The nature of the proposed amicus participation. An amicus curiae is not a party to the hearing but may participate by -
(1) Submitting a written statement of position to the Board before the beginning of the hearing;
(2) Presenting a brief oral statement or other evidence at the hearing, at the point in the proceedings specified by the Board; and
(3) Submitting a brief or a written statement when the parties submit briefs.
(c)Service by amicus curiae. Serving copies of any briefs or written statements on all parties.