42 CFR 433.50 - Basis, scope, and applicability.
(a)Basis. This subpart interprets and implements - (1) Section 1902(a)(2) of the Act which requires States to share in the cost of medical assistance expenditures and permit both State and local governments to participate in the financing of the non-Federal portion of medical assistance expenditures.
(2) Section 1903(a) of the Act, which requires the Secretary to pay each State an amount equal to the Federal medical assistance percentage of the total amount expended as medical assistance under the State's plan.
(3) Section 1903(w) of the Act, which specifies the treatment of revenues from provider-related donations and health care-related taxes in determining a State's medical assistance expenditures for which Federal financial participation (FFP) is available under the Medicaid program.
(b)Scope. This subpart -
(2) Defines provider-related donations and health care-related taxes that may be received without a reduction in FFP.
(3) Specifies rules for revenues received from provider-related donations and health care-related taxes during a transition period.
(4) Establishes limitations on FFP when States receive funds from provider-related donations and revenues generated by health care-related taxes.
(c)Applicability. The provisions of this subpart apply to the 50 States and the District of Columbia, but not to any State whose entire Medicaid program is operated under a waiver granted under section 1115 of the Act.