42 CFR § 435.118 - Infants and children under age 19.
(a) Basis. This section implements sections 1902(a)(10)(A)(i)(III), (IV), (VI), and (VII); 1902(a)(10)(A)(ii)(IV) and (IX); and 1931(b) and (d) of the Act.
(b) Scope. The agency must provide Medicaid to children under age 19 whose household income is at or below the income standard established by the agency in its State plan, in accordance with paragraph (c) of this section.
(c) Income standard.
(1) The minimum income standard is the higher of—
(ii) For infants under age 1, such higher income standard up to 185 percent FPL, if any, as the State had established as of December 19, 1989 for determining eligibility for infants, or, as of July 1, 1989 had authorizing legislation to do so.
(i) 133 percent FPL;
(ii) The highest effective income level for each age group in effect under the Medicaid State plan for coverage under the applicable sections of the Act listed at paragraph (a) of this section or waiver of the State plan covering such age group as of March 23, 2010 or December 31, 2013, if higher, converted to a MAGI-equivalent standard in accordance with guidance issued by the Secretary under section 1902(e)(14)(A) and (E) of the Act; or
(iii) For infants under age 1, 185 percent FPL.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- IL Admin. Code 89.120.64 - Section 120.64 - Determination of Eligibility for Cases Subject to Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Methodology
- Miss. Admin. Code. 23-101-1.7 - Rule 1.7 - Mandatory Coverage of Infants and Children under Age Nineteen (19)
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160:1-4-02 - 5160:1-4-02 - MAGI-based medicaid: coverage for children younger than age nineteen.
- Utah Admin. Code R414-303-4 - R414-303-4 - Medicaid for Parents and Caretaker Relatives, Pregnant Women, Children, Adults, and Individuals Infected with Tuberculosis Using MAGI Methodology.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-30-10 - 12VAC30-30-10 - Mandatory coverage: categorically needy and other required special groups.