42 CFR 435.406 - Citizenship and non-citizen eligibility.
(1) Citizens and nationals of the United States, provided that -
(i) The individual has made a declaration of United States citizenship, as defined in § 435.4, or an individual described in paragraph (a)(3) of this section has made such declaration on the individual's behalf, and such status is verified in accordance with paragraph (c) of this section; and
(ii) For purposes of the declaration and citizenship verification requirements discussed in paragraphs (a)(1)(i) of this section, an individual includes applicants under a section 1115 demonstration (including a family planning demonstration project) for which a State receives Federal financial participation in its expenditures.
(C) Individuals receiving disability insurance benefits under section 223 of the Act or monthly benefits under section 202 of the Act, based on the individual's disability (as defined in section 223(d) of the Act).
(D) Individuals who are in foster care and who are assisted under Title IV-B of the Act, and individuals who are beneficiaries of foster care maintenance or adoption assistance payments under Title IV-E of the Act.
(E)(1) Individuals who are or were deemed eligible for Medicaid in the State under § 435.117 or § 457.360 of this chapter on or after July 1, 2006, based on being born to a pregnant woman eligible under the State's Medicaid or CHIP state plan or waiver of such plan;
(2) At State option, individuals who were deemed eligible for coverage under § 435.117 or § 457.360 of this chapter in another State on or after July 1, 2006, provided that the agency verifies such deemed eligibility.
(i) Except as specified in 8 U.S.C. 1612(b)(1) (permitting States an option with respect to coverage of certain qualified non-citizens), qualified non-citizens as described in section 431 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 ( 8 U.S.C. 1641) (including qualified non-citizens subject to the 5-year bar) who have provided satisfactory documentary evidence of Qualified Non-Citizen status, which status has been verified with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) under a declaration required by section 1137(d) of the Act that the applicant or beneficiary is an non-citizen in a satisfactory immigration status.
(3) For purposes of paragraphs (a)(1) and (2), of this section, a declaration of citizenship or satisfactory immigration status may be provided, in writing and under penalty of perjury, by an adult member of the individual's household, an authorized representative, as defined in § 435.923, or if the applicant is a minor or incapacitated, someone acting responsibly for the applicant provided that such individual attests to having knowledge of the individual's status.
(b) The agency must provide payment for the services described in § 440.255(c) of this chapter to residents of the State who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements of the State plan (except for receipt of AFDC, SSI, or State Supplementary payments) who are qualified non-citizens subject to the 5-year bar or who are non-qualified non-citizens who meet all Medicaid eligibility criteria, except non-qualified non-citizens need not present a social security number or document immigration status.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 435 after this date.
- 42 CFR 457.380 — Eligibility Verification.
- 42 CFR 435.350 — Coverage for Certain Aliens.
- 42 CFR 440.220 — Required Services for the Medically Needy.
- 42 CFR 440.255 — Limited Services Available to Certain Aliens.
- 42 CFR 440.210 — Required Services for the Categorically Needy.
- 42 CFR 440.250 — Limits on Comparability of Services.
- 42 CFR 435.956 — Verification of Other Non-Financial Information.
- 42 CFR 435.139 — Coverage for Certain Aliens.
- 42 CFR 435.1008 — FFP in Expenditures for Medical Assistance for Individuals Who Have Declared Citizenship or Nationality or Satisfactory Immigration Status.
- 42 CFR 435.117 — Deemed Newborn Children.