42 CFR § 435.905 - Availability and accessibility of program information.
(a) The agency must furnish the following information in electronic and paper formats (including through the Internet Web site described in § 435.1200(f) of this part), and orally as appropriate, to all applicants and other individuals who request it:
(1) The eligibility requirements;
(2) Available Medicaid services; and
(3) The rights and responsibilities of applicants and beneficiaries.
(b) Such information must be provided to applicants and beneficiaries in plain language and in a manner that is accessible and timely to -
(1) Individuals who are limited English proficient through the provision of language services at no cost to the individual including, oral interpretation and written translations;
(2) Individuals living with disabilities through the provision of auxiliary aids and services at no cost to the individual in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act; and
(3) Individuals must be informed of the availability of the accessible information and language services described in this paragraph and how to access such information and services, at a minimum through providing taglines in non-English languages indicating the availability of language services.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 16.03.10.316 - 316 - HOME AND COMMUNITY BASED PERSON-CENTERED PLANNING REQUIREMENTS.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 16.03.10.317 - 317 - HOME AND COMMUNITY BASED PERSON-CENTERED SERVICE PLAN REQUIREMENTS.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160-44-02 - 5160-44-02 - Nursing facility-based level of care home and community-based services programs: person-centered planning.