42 CFR § 438.358 - Activities related to external quality review.
(a) General rule.
(2) The data obtained from the mandatory and optional EQR-related activities in this section must be used for the annual EQR in § 438.350 and must include, at a minimum, the elements in § 438.364(a)(2)(i) through (iv).
(b) Mandatory activities.
(ii) Validation of MCO, PIHP, or PAHP performance measures required in accordance with § 438.330(b)(2) or MCO, PIHP, or PAHP performance measures calculated by the State during the preceding 12 months.
(iii) A review, conducted within the previous 3-year period, to determine the MCO's, PIHP's, or PAHP's compliance with the standards set forth in subpart D of this part, the disenrollment requirements and limitations described in § 438.56, the enrollee rights requirements described in § 438.100, the emergency and post-stabilization services requirements described in § 438.114, and the quality assessment and performance improvement requirements described in § 438.330.
(iv) Validation of MCO, PIHP, or PAHP network adequacy during the preceding 12 months to comply with requirements set forth in § 438.68 and, if the State enrolls Indians in the MCO, PIHP, or PAHP, § 438.14(b)(1).
(c) Optional activities. For each MCO, PIHP, PAHP, and PCCM entity (described in § 438.310(c)(2)), the following activities may be performed by using information derived during the preceding 12 months:
(3) Calculation of performance measures in addition to those reported by an MCO, PIHP, PAHP, or PCCM entity (described in § 438.310(c)(2)) and validated by an EQRO in accordance with paragraph (b)(1)(ii) of this section.
(4) Conduct of performance improvement projects in addition to those conducted by an MCO, PIHP, PAHP, or PCCM entity (described in § 438.310(c)(2)) and validated by an EQRO in accordance with paragraph (b)(1)(i) of this section.
(5) Conduct of studies on quality that focus on a particular aspect of clinical or nonclinical services at a point in time.
(d) Technical assistance. The EQRO may, at the State's direction, provide technical guidance to groups of MCOs, PIHPs, PAHPs, or PCCM entities (described in § 438.310(c)(2)) to assist them in conducting activities related to the mandatory and optional activities described in this section that provide information for the EQR and the resulting EQR technical report.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160-26-05 - 5160-26-05 - Managed health care programs: provider panel and subcontracting requirements.