42 CFR § 438.610 - Prohibited affiliations.
(1) An individual or entity that is debarred, suspended, or otherwise excluded from participating in procurement activities under the Federal Acquisition Regulation or from participating in nonprocurement activities under regulations issued under Executive Order No. 12549 or under guidelines implementing Executive Order No. 12549.
(b) An MCO, PIHP, PAHP, PCCM, or PCCM entity may not have a relationship with an individual or entity that is excluded from participation in any Federal health care program under section 1128 or 1128A of the Act.
(c) The relationships described in paragraph (a) of this section, are as follows:
(4) A network provider or person with an employment, consulting or other arrangement with the MCO, PIHP, PAHP, PCCM, or PCCM entity for the provision of items and services that are significant and material to the MCO's, PIHP's, PAHP's, PCCM's, or PCCM entity's obligations under its contract with the State.
(1) Must notify the Secretary of the noncompliance.
(3) May not renew or otherwise extend the duration of an existing agreement with the MCO, PIHP, PAHP, PCCM, or PCCM entity unless the Secretary provides to the State and to Congress a written statement describing compelling reasons that exist for renewing or extending the agreement despite the prohibited affiliations.
(4) Nothing in this section must be construed to limit or otherwise affect any remedies available to the U.S. under sections 1128, 1128A or 1128B of the Act.
(e) Consultation with the Inspector General. Any action by the Secretary described in paragraphs (d)(2) or (3) of this section is taken in consultation with the Inspector General.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-10-690 - 12VAC30-10-690 - Exclusion of providers and suspension of practitioners and other individuals.