42 CFR 440.200 - Basis, purpose, and scope.
(a) This subpart implements the following statutory requirements -
(1) Section 1902(a)(10), regarding comparability of services for groups of beneficiaries, and the amount, duration, and scope of services described in section 1905(a) of the Act that the State plan must provide for beneficiaries;
(2) Section 1902(a)(22)(D), which provides for standards and methods to assure quality of services;
(3) Section 1903(v)(1), which provides that no payment may be made to a State under this section for medical assistance furnished to an alien who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or otherwise permanently residing in the United States under color of law;
(4) Section 1903(v)(2) which provides that FFP will be available for services necessary to treat an emergency medical condition of an alien not described in paragraph (a)(3) of this section if that alien otherwise meets the eligibility requirements of the State plan;
(5) Section 1907 on observance of religious beliefs;
(b) The requirements and limits of this subpart apply for all services defined in subpart A of this part.