42 CFR § 440.230 - Sufficiency of amount, duration, and scope.
(1) The categorically needy; and
(2) Each covered group of medically needy.
(b) Each service must be sufficient in amount, duration, and scope to reasonably achieve its purpose.
(c) The Medicaid agency may not arbitrarily deny or reduce the amount, duration, or scope of a required service under §§ 440.210 and 440.220 to an otherwise eligible beneficiary solely because of the diagnosis, type of illness, or condition.
(d) The agency may place appropriate limits on a service based on such criteria as medical necessity or on utilization control procedures.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Miss. Admin. Code. 23-220-1.7 - Rule 1.7 - Computed Tomography (CT) Scans and Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- Miss. Admin. Code. 23-220-1.8 - Rule 1.8 - Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 210-RICR-10-00-1 - Part 1 - “Overview of the Rhode Island Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs”