42 CFR 447.57 - Restrictions on payments to providers.
(a) The agency must make available a public schedule describing current premiums and cost sharing requirements containing the following information:
(1) The group or groups of individuals who are subject to premiums and/or cost sharing and the current amounts;
(2) Mechanisms for making payments for required premiums and cost sharing charges;
(3) The consequences for an applicant or recipient who does not pay a premium or cost sharing charge;
(4) A list of hospitals charging cost sharing for non-emergency use of the emergency department; and
(5) A list of preferred drugs or a mechanism to access such a list, including the agency Web site.
(b) The agency must make the public schedule available to the following in a manner that ensures that affected applicants, beneficiaries, and providers are likely to have access to the notice:
(1) Beneficiaries, at the time of their enrollment and reenrollment after a redetermination of eligibility, and when premiums, cost sharing charges, or aggregate limits are revised, notice to beneficiaries must be in accordance with § 435.905(b) of this chapter;
(2) Applicants, at the time of application;
(3) All participating providers; and
(4) The general public.
(c) Prior to submitting to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for approval a state plan amendment (SPA) to establish or substantially modify existing premiums or cost sharing, or change the consequences for non-payment, the agency must provide the public with advance notice of the SPA, specifying the amount of premiums or cost sharing and who is subject to the charges. The agency must provide a reasonable opportunity to comment on such SPAs. The agency must submit documentation with the SPA to demonstrate that these requirements were met. If premiums or cost sharing is substantially modified during the SPA approval process, the agency must provide additional public notice.
Title 42 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 447 after this date.