42 CFR 455.238 - Conflict of interest.
(a) Offerors for Medicaid integrity audit program contracts, and Medicaid integrity audit program contractors, are subject to the following requirements:
(1) The conflict of interest standards and requirements of the Federal Acquisition Regulation organizational conflict of interest guidance, found under 48 CFR subpart 9.5.
(2) The standards and requirements that are contained in each individual contract awarded to perform activities described under section 1936 of the Act.
(b) Post-award conflicts of interest: CMS considers that a post-award conflict of interest has developed if, during the term of the contract, one of the following occurs:
(1) The contractor or any of its employees, agents, or subcontractors received, solicited, or arranged to receive any fee, compensation, gift (defined at 5 CFR 2635.203(b)), payment of expenses, offer of employment, or any other thing of value from any entity that is reviewed, audited, investigated, or contacted during the normal course of performing activities under the Medicaid integrity audit program contract.
(2) CMS determines that the contractor's activities are creating a conflict of interest.
(c) If CMS determines that a conflict of interest exists during the term of the contract, among other actions, CMS may:
(1) Not renew the contract for an additional term.
(2) Modify the contract.
(3) Terminate the contract.