42 CFR 457.212 - Disallowance of claims for FFP.
(a) Notice of disallowance and of right to reconsideration. When the Regional Administrator or the Administrator determines that a claim or portion of claim is not allowable, he or she promptly sends the State a disallowance letter that includes the following, as appropriate:
(2) The time period during which the expenditures in question were made or claimed to have been made.
(4) A statement of the amount of FFP claimed, allowed, and disallowed and the manner in which these amounts were computed.
(5) Findings of fact on which the disallowance determination is based or a reference to other documents previously furnished to the State or included with the notice (such as a report of a financial review or audit) that contain the findings of fact on which the disallowance determination is based.
(6) Pertinent citations to the law, regulations, guides and instructions supporting the action taken.
(8) Notice of the State's right to request reconsideration of the disallowance and the time allowed to make the request.
(9) A statement indicating that the disallowance letter is the Department's final decision unless the State requests reconsideration under paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
(2) A State may request reconsideration with a request to the Chair, Departmental Appeals Board, within 30 days after receipt of the disallowance letter, which must include—
(c) Reconsideration procedures. The reconsideration procedures are those set forth in 45 CFR part 16.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.