42 CFR § 457.348 - Determinations of Children's Health Insurance Program eligibility by other insurance affordability programs.
(a) Agreements with other insurance affordability programs. The State must enter into and, upon request, provide to the Secretary one or more agreements with an Exchange and the agencies administering other insurance affordability programs as are necessary to fulfill the requirements of this section, including a clear delineation of the responsibilities of each program to—
(2) Ensure compliance with paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section and § 457.350;
(3) Ensure prompt determination of eligibility and enrollment in the appropriate program without undue delay, consistent with the timeliness standards established under § 457.340(d), based on the date the application is submitted to any insurance affordability program, and
(4) Provide for coordination of notices with other insurance affordability programs, consistent with § 457.340(f), and an opportunity for individuals to submit a joint review request, as defined in § 457.10, consistent with § 457.351.
(5) Provide for a combined appeals decision by an Exchange or Exchange appeals entity (or other insurance affordability program or appeals entity) for individuals who requested an appeal of an Exchange-related determination in accordance with 45 CFR part 155 subpart F (or of a determination related to another program) and an appeal of a denial of CHIP eligibility which is conducted by an Exchange or Exchange appeals entity (or other program or appeals entity) in accordance with the State plan.
(b) Provision of CHIP for individuals found eligible for CHIP by another insurance affordability program. If a State accepts final determinations of CHIP eligibility made by another insurance affordability program, for each individual determined so eligible by the other insurance affordability program (including as a result of a decision made by an Exchange appeals entity authorized by the State to adjudicate reviews of CHIP eligibility determinations), the State must—
(1) Establish procedures to receive, via secure electronic interface, the electronic account containing the determination of CHIP eligibility and notify such program of the receipt of the electronic account;
(3) Maintain proper oversight of the eligibility determinations made by the other program.
(c) Transfer from other insurance affordability programs to CHIP. For individuals for whom another insurance affordability program has not made a determination of CHIP eligibility, but who have been screened as potentially CHIP eligible by such program (including as a result of a decision made by an Exchange or other program appeals entity), the State must—
(3) Promptly and without undue delay, consistent with the timeliness standards established under § 457.340(d), determine the CHIP eligibility of the individual, in accordance with § 457.340, without requiring submission of another application and, for individuals determined not eligible for CHIP, comply with § 457.350(i) of this section;
(4) Accept any finding relating to a criterion of eligibility made by such program or appeals entity, without further verification, if such finding was made in accordance with policies and procedures which are the same as those applied by the State in accordance with § 457.380 or approved by it in the agreement described in paragraph (a) of this section; and
The following state regulations pages link to this page.