42 CFR 457.710 - State plan requirements: Strategic objectives and performance goals.
(a) Plan description. A State plan must include a description of -
(1) The strategic objectives as described in paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) The performance goals as described in paragraph (c) of this section; and
(3) The performance measurements, as described in paragraph (d) of this section, that the State has established for providing child health assistance to targeted low-income children under the plan and otherwise for maximizing health benefits coverage for other low-income children and children generally in the State.
(b) Strategic objectives. The State plan must identify specific strategic objectives relating to increasing the extent of creditable health coverage among targeted low-income children and other low-income children.
(c) Performance goals. The State plan must specify one or more performance goals for each strategic objective identified.
(d) Performance measurements. The State plan must describe how performance under the plan is -
(1) Measured through objective, independently verifiable means; and
(2) Compared against performance goals.
(e) Core elements. The State's strategic objectives, performance goals and performance measures must include a common core of national performance goals and measures consistent with the data collection, standard methodology, and verification requirements, as developed by the Secretary.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 457 after this date.