42 CFR 457.750 - Annual report.
(a) Report required for each Federal fiscal year. A State must report to CMS by January 1 following the end of each Federal fiscal year, on the results of the State's assessment of the operation of the State plan.
(1) Describe the State's progress in reducing the number of uncovered, low-income children and; in meeting other strategic objectives and performance goals identified in the State plan; and provide information related to a core set of national performance goals and measures as developed by the Secretary;
(2) Report on the effectiveness of the State's policies for discouraging the substitution of public coverage for private coverage;
(5) Provide an updated budget for a 3-year period that describes those elements required in § 457.140, including any changes in the sources of the non-Federal share of State plan expenditures;
(c) Methodology for estimate of number of uninsured, low-income children.
(1) To report on the progress made in reducing the number of uninsured, low-income children as required in paragraph (b) of this section, a State must choose a methodology to establish an initial baseline estimate of the number of low-income children who are uninsured in the State.
(i) A State may base the estimate on data from -
(A) The March supplement to the Current Population Survey (CPS);
(B) A State-specific survey;
(C) A statistically adjusted CPS; or
(D) Another appropriate source.
(ii) If the State does not base the estimate on data from the March supplement to the CPS, the State must submit a description of the methodology used to develop the initial baseline estimate and the rationale for its use.
(i) The same methodology used in establishing the initial baseline; or
(ii) Another methodology based on new information that enables the State to establish a new baseline.
(3) If a new methodology is used, the State must also provide annual estimates based on either the March supplement to the CPS or the methodology used to develop the initial baseline.