42 CFR 460.152 - Enrollment process.
(a)Intake process. Intake is an intensive process during which PACE staff members make one or more visits to a potential participant's place of residence and the potential participant makes one or more visits to the PACE center. At a minimum, the intake process must include the following activities:
(i) The PACE program, using a copy of the enrollment agreement described in § 460.154, specifically references the elements of the agreement including but not limited to § 460.154(e), (i) through (m), and (r).
(ii) The requirement that the PACE organization would be the participant's sole service provider and clarification that the PACE organization guarantees access to services, but not to a specific provider.
(iv) Monthly premiums, if any.
(v) Any Medicaid spenddown obligations.
(vi) Post-eligibility treatment of income.
(3) The State administering agency must assess the potential participant, including any individual who is not eligible for Medicaid, to ensure that he or she needs the level of care required under the State Medicaid plan for coverage of nursing facility services, which indicates that the individual's health status is comparable to the health status of individuals who have participated in the PACE demonstration waiver programs.
(4) PACE staff must assess the potential participant to ensure that he or she can be cared for appropriately in a community setting and that he or she meets all requirements for PACE eligibility specified in this part.
(b)Denial of Enrollment. If a prospective participant is denied enrollment because his or her health or safety would be jeopardized by living in a community setting, the PACE organization must meet the following requirements:
(1) Notify the individual in writing of the reason for the denial.
(2) Refer the individual to alternative services, as appropriate.
(3) Maintain supporting documentation of the reason for the denial.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 460 after this date.