42 CFR § 460.70 - Contracted services.
(a) General rule. The PACE organization must have a written contract with each outside organization, agency, or individual that furnishes administrative or care-related services not furnished directly by the PACE organization except for emergency services as described in § 460.100.
(ii) A practitioner or supplier must meet Medicare or Medicaid requirements applicable to the services it furnishes.
(3) A PACE organization must designate an official liaison to coordinate activities between contractors and the organization.
(c) List of contractors. A current list of contractors must be on file at the PACE center and a copy must be provided to anyone upon request.
(d) Content of contract. Each contract must be in writing and include the following information:
(1) Name of contractor.
(2) Services furnished (including work schedule if appropriate).
(3) Payment rate and method.
(4) Terms of the contract, including beginning and ending dates, methods of extension, renegotiation, and termination.
(5) Contractor agreement to do the following:
(i) Furnish only those services authorized by the PACE interdisciplinary team.
(v) Submit reports required by the PACE organization.
(6) With respect to an individual who is contracting as a program director or medical director or to be part of the interdisciplinary team as set forth at § 460.60(a) and (b) and § 460.102(b), the contract must specify that the individual agrees to:
(i) Perform all the duties related to its position as specified in this part.
(ii) Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as required.
(iii) Be accountable to the PACE organization.
(e) Contracting with another entity to furnish PACE center services.
(1) A PACE organization may only contract for PACE center services if it is fiscally sound as defined in § 460.80(a) of this part and has demonstrated competence with the PACE model as evidenced by successful monitoring by CMS and the State administering agency.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.