42 CFR 460.70 - Contracted services.
(a) General rule. The PACE organization must have a written contract with each outside organization, agency, or individual that furnishes administrative or care-related services not furnished directly by the PACE organization except for emergency services as described in § 460.100.
(b) Contract requirements. A contract between a PACE organization and a contractor must meet the following requirements:
(1) The PACE organization must contract only with an entity that meets all applicable Federal and State requirements, including, but not limited to, the following:
(iii) A contractor must comply with the requirements of this part with respect to service delivery, participant rights, and quality assessment and performance improvement activities.
(3) A PACE organization must designate an official liaison to coordinate activities between contractors and the organization.
(c) List of contractors. A current list of contractors must be on file at the PACE center and a copy must be provided to anyone upon request.
(d) Content of contract. Each contract must be in writing and include the following information:
(1) Name of contractor.
(2) Services furnished (including work schedule if appropriate).
(3) Payment rate and method.
(4) Terms of the contract, including beginning and ending dates, methods of extension, renegotiation, and termination.
(5) Contractor agreement to do the following:
(i) Furnish only those services authorized by the PACE interdisciplinary team.
(iv) Not assign the contract or delegate duties under the contract unless it obtains prior written approval from the PACE organization.
(v) Submit reports required by the PACE organization.
(vi) Agree to perform all the duties related to its position as specified in this part.
(vii) Participate in interdisciplinary team meeting as required.
(viii) Agree to be accountable to the PACE organization.
(ix) Cooperate with the competency evaluation program and direct participant care requirements specified in § 460.71.
(e) Contracting with another entity to furnish PACE Center services.
(1) A PACE organization may only contract for PACE Center services if it is fiscally sound as defined in § 460.80(a) of this part and has demonstrated competence with the PACE model as evidenced by successful monitoring by CMS and the State administering agency.