42 CFR 460.78 - Dietary services.
(1) Except as specified in paragraphs (a)(2) or (a)(3) of this section, the PACE organization must ensure, through the assessment and care planning process, that each participant receives nourishing, palatable, well-balanced meals that meet the participant's daily nutritional and special dietary needs. Each meal must meet the following requirements:
(2) The PACE organization must provide substitute foods or nutritional supplements that meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs of any participant who has any of the following problems:
(3) The PACE organization must provide nutrition support to meet the daily nutritional needs of a participant, if indicated by his or her medical condition or diagnosis. Nutrition support consists of tube feedings, total parenteral nutrition, or peripheral parenteral nutrition.
(1) Procure foods (including nutritional supplements and nutrition support items) from sources approved, or considered satisfactory, by Federal, State, Tribal, or local authorities with jurisdiction over the service area of the organization.
(2) Store, prepare, distribute, and serve foods (including nutritional supplements and nutrition support items) under sanitary conditions.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 42 CFR Part 460.