42 CFR 460.98 - Service delivery.
(a) Plan. A PACE organization must establish and implement a written plan to furnish care that meets the needs of each participant in all care settings 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
(1) The PACE organization must furnish comprehensive medical, health, and social services that integrate acute and long-term care.
(2) These services must be furnished in at least the PACE center, the home, and inpatient facilities.
(3) The PACE organization may not discriminate against any participant in the delivery of required PACE services based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or source of payment.
(c) Minimum services furnished at each PACE center. At a minimum, the following services must be furnished at each PACE center:
(1) A PACE organization must operate at least one PACE center either in, or contiguous to, its defined service area with sufficient capacity to allow routine attendance by participants.
(2) A PACE organization must ensure accessible and adequate services to meet the needs of its participants. If necessary, a PACE organization must increase the number of PACE centers, staff, or other PACE services.
(3) If a PACE organization operates more than one center, each Pace center must offer the full range of services and have sufficient staff to meet the needs of participants.
(e) Center attendance. The frequency of a participant's attendance at a center is determined by the interdisciplinary team, based on the needs and preferences of each participant.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.