42 CFR 482.74 - Condition of participation: Notification to CMS.
(a) A transplant center must notify CMS immediately of any significant changes related to the center's transplant program or changes that could affect its compliance with the conditions of participation. Instances in which CMS should receive information for follow up, as appropriate, include, but are not limited to:
(1) Change in key staff members of the transplant team, such as a change in the individual the transplant center designated to the OPTN as the center's “primary transplant surgeon” or “primary transplant physician;'
(3) Inactivation of the transplant center.
(1) Requesting additional information;
(2) Analyzing the information; or
(3) Conducting an on-site review.