42 CFR § 484.75 - Condition of participation: Skilled professional services.
Skilled professional services include skilled nursing services, physical therapy, speech-language pathology services, and occupational therapy, as specified in § 409.44 of this chapter, and physician or allowed practitioner and medical social work services as specified in § 409.45 of this chapter. Skilled professionals who provide services to HHA patients directly or under arrangement must participate in the coordination of care.
(a) Standard: Provision of services by skilled professionals. Skilled professional services are authorized, delivered, and supervised only by health care professionals who meet the appropriate qualifications specified under § 484.115 and who practice according to the HHA's policies and procedures.
(b) Standard: Responsibilities of skilled professionals. Skilled professionals must assume responsibility for, but not be restricted to, the following:
(1) Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient;
(4) Patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
(5) Patient and caregiver education;
(6) Preparing clinical notes;
(8) Participation in the HHA's QAPI program; and
(9) Participation in HHA-sponsored in-service training.
(c) Supervision of skilled professional assistants.