42 CFR 488.68 - State Agency responsibilities for OASIS collection and data base requirements.
As part of State agency survey responsibilities, the State agency or other entity designated by CMS has overall responsibility for fulfilling the following requirements for operating the OASIS system:
(1) Use a standard system developed or approved by CMS to collect, store, and analyze data;
(2) Conduct basic system management activities including hardware and software maintenance, system back-up, and monitoring the status of the database; and
(i) OASIS data items;
(ii) Record formats and validation edits; and
(iii) Agency encoding and transmission methods.
(2) At least monthly, make available for retrieval by CMS all edited OASIS records received during that period, according to formats specified by CMS, and correct and retransmit previously rejected data as needed; and
(3) Analyze data and generate reports as specified by CMS.
(c)Ensure accuracy of OASIS data. The State agency must audit the accuracy of the OASIS data through the survey process.
(1) Ensure that access to data is restricted except for the transmission of data and reports to -
(ii) The State agency component that conducts surveys for purposes related to this function; and
(iii) Other entities if authorized by CMS.
(1) Instruct each HHA on the administration of the data set, privacy/confidentiality of the data set, and integration of the OASIS data set into the facility's own record keeping system;
(3) Specify to a facility the method of transmission of data to the State, and instruct the facility on this method.
(4) Monitor each HHA's ability to transmit OASIS data.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 488 after this date.