42 CFR 493.1253 - Standard: Establishment and verification of performance specifications.
(i) Demonstrate that it can obtain performance specifications comparable to those established by the manufacturer for the following performance characteristics:
(2)Establishment of performance specifications. Each laboratory that modifies an FDA-cleared or approved test system, or introduces a test system not subject to FDA clearance or approval (including methods developed in-house and standardized methods such as text book procedures), or uses a test system in which performance specifications are not provided by the manufacturer must, before reporting patient test results, establish for each test system the performance specifications for the following performance characteristics, as applicable:
(iii) Analytical sensitivity.
(iv) Analytical specificity to include interfering substances.
(vi) Reference intervals (normal values).
(vii) Any other performance characteristic required for test performance.
(3)Determination of calibration and control procedures. The laboratory must determine the test system's calibration procedures and control procedures based upon the performance specifications verified or established under paragraph (b)(1) or (b)(2) of this section.
(c)Documentation. The laboratory must document all activities specified in this section.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 493 after this date.
- 42 CFR 493.1105 — Standard: Retention Requirements.
- 42 CFR 493.1291 — Standard: Test Report.
- 42 CFR 493.1251 — Standard: Procedure Manual.
- 42 CFR 493.1252 — Standard: Test Systems, Equipment, Instruments, Reagents, Materials, and Supplies.
- 42 CFR 493.1282 — Standard: Corrective Actions.
- 42 CFR 493.1256 — Standard: Control Procedures.
- 42 CFR 493.1255 — Standard: Calibration and Calibration Verification Procedures.