42 CFR 51c.204 - Grant evaluation and award.
(a) Within the limits of funds determined by the Secretary to be available for such purpose, the Secretary may award grants under this subpart to applicants therefor which will, in his judgment, best promote the purposes of section 330(c) of the Act and the applicable regulations of this part, taking into account:
(1) The degree to which the proposed project satisfactorily provides for the elements set forth in § 51c.203;
(2) The relative need of the population to be served for the services to be provided;
(3) The administrative and management capability of the applicant;
(4) The potential of the project for development of new and effective methods for health services delivery and management;
(5) The soundness of the fiscal plan for assuring effective utilization of grant funds and maximizing non-grant revenue;
(6) The extent to which community resources will be utilized in the project;
(7) The extent to which grants approved under this part will provide for an appropriate distribution of resources throughout the country, taking into consideration the following factors;
(i) The urban-rural area to be served;
(ii) The nature of the organization applying; and
(iii) The organizational structure for delivery of services;
(8) Whether the project's catchment area is exclusive of the area served by a community health center;
(9) The degree to which the applicant intends to integrate services supported by a grant under this subpart with health services provided under other Federally assisted health services or reimbursement programs or projects.
(b) The Secretary may:
(1) Make no more than two grants under this subpart for the same project.
(2) Make a grant under this subpart to an entity which has been awarded one or more grants under section 330(d)(1)(A) and/or section 330(d)(1)(B) of the Act only if the grant under this subpart is for a new project.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 51c after this date.