42 CFR 51c.404 - Grant evaluation and award.
(a) Within the limits of funds determined by the Secretary to be available for such purpose, the Secretary may award grants under this subpart to applicants therefor which will, in his judgment, best promote the purposes of section 330(d)(1)(B) of the Act and the applicable regulations of this part,
(1) Where the project meets the requirements of § 51c.403(a); and
(2) Taking into consideration the following:
(i) The degree to which the project would provide the services enumerated in § 51c.102(c)(1) and the feasibility of its providing all of such enumerated services by the end of the period of support under section 330(d)(1)(B) of the Act and this subpart;
(ii) Whether the project will have a governing board meeting the requirements of § 51c.304 by the end of the period of support under section 330(d)(1)(B) of the Act and this subpart;
(iii) The degree to which the applicant intends to integrate services supported by a grant under this subpart with health services provided under other Federally assisted health service or reimbursement programs or projects;
(iv) The need of the population to be served for the services to be provided;
(v) The potential of the project for the development of new and effective methods for health services delivery and management;
(vi) The soundness of the fiscal plan for assuring effective utilization of grant funds and maximizing non-grant revenue;
(vii) The administrative and management capacity of the applicant; and
(viii) The extent to which community resources will be utilized in the project.
(b) The Secretary may:
(1) Make no more than two grants for the same entity under section 330(d)(1)(B) of the Act;
(2) Not make any grant under section 330(d)(1)(B) to an entity which, for the same project, has been awarded more than one grant under section 330(c) of the Act;
(3) Not make a grant under section 330(d)(1)(B) to an entity which has been awarded a grant under section 330(d)(1)(A) of the Act.