42 CFR 52e.4 - How to apply.
(a) Application for a grant under this subpart shall be made on an authorized form. 2 Applicants shall submit completed forms on or before the dates the Director may prescribe.
2 Applications and instructions are available from the Division of Extramural Affairs, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20205.
(b) Each private institution which does not already have on file with the National Institutes of Health evidence of nonprofit status, must submit with its application acceptable proof of such status.
(c) In addition to any other pertinent information that the Director may require each application shall set forth in detail:
(1) The nature and purpose of the proposed project and the methods to be employed in carrying it out;
(3) The defined population to participate in the proposed project and the rationale for its selection;
(4) With respect to applications relating to projects covered by § 52e.1(a)(1), prior research findings on which the proposed project is based;
(5) The personnel, facilities, and other resources, including community resources, available to carry out the proposed project;
(6) Current activities of the applicant involving prevention or control of heart, blood vessel, lung, and blood diseases, the sources of funding for such activities, and the anticipated relationship of these activities to the proposed project;
(7) The names and qualifications of the project director and key staff members who would be responsible for conducting the proposed project;
(9) The proposed project period; a detailed budget for the first budget period, including a list of other anticipated sources of support and anticipated total needs for each of the succeeding budget periods of the requested project period; and a justification for the amount of grant funds requested.
[45 FR 12249, Feb. 25, 1980, as amended at 58 FR 54298, Oct. 21, 1993]
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 42 CFR Part 52e.