42 CFR 63a.10 - How may training grant funds be spent?
(a)Authorized expenditures; general. A grantee shall expend funds it receives under this part solely in accordance with the approved application and budget, the regulations of this part, the terms and conditions of the grant award, and the applicable cost principles in 45 CFR part 75, subpart E.
(b)Authorized categories of expenditures. Subject to any limitations imposed in the approved application and budget or as a condition of the award, grant funds may be expended for the following costs:
(1) Expenses of the grantee in providing training and instruction under the particular program, including salaries of faculty and support personnel, and the costs of equipment and supplies;
(2) Stipends and allowances to individuals during the period of their training and instruction; and,
(3) If separately justified and authorized under the particular program, tuition, fees, and trainee travel expenses which are necessary to carry out the purpose of the training grant.
(c)Expenditures not authorized. Grant funds may not be expended for:
(1) Compensation for employment or for the performance of personal services by individuals receiving training and instruction; or
(2) Payments to any individual who does not meet the minimum qualifications for training and instruction established by the grantee and approved by the Secretary or who has failed to demonstrate satisfactory participation in the training in accordance with the usual standards and procedures of the grantee.