42 CFR 65a.4 - What are the program requirements?
The applicant shall include the following in its proposed program for which support is requested under this part:
(a)Basic research component. The program shall include three or more meritorious biomedical research projects, including epidemiologic studies relating to the study of the adverse effects of hazardous substances on human health, and at least one meritorious project involving hydrogeologic or ecologic research which shall cumulatively address:
(1) Methods and technologies to detect hazardous substances in the environment;
(2) Advanced techniques for the detection, assessment, and evaluation of the effects of these substances on human health;
(3) Methods to assess the risks to human health presented by these substances; and
(4) Basic biological, chemical, and/or physical methods to reduce the amount and toxicity of these substances.
(b)Training component. The program shall include the following kinds of training, as part of or in conjunction with the basic research component:
(1) Graduate training in environmental and occupational health and safety and in public health and engineering aspects of hazardous waste control; and/or
(2) Graduate training in the geosciences, including hydrogeology, geological engineering, geophysics, geochemistry, and related fields, necessary to meet professional personnel needs in the public and private sectors and to carry out the purposes of the Act; and
(3) Worker training relating to handling hazardous substances, which includes short courses and continuing education for state and local health and environmental agency personnel and other personnel engaged in the handling of hazardous substances, in the management of facilities at which hazardous substances are located, and in the evaluation of the hazards to human health presented by these facilities.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 65a after this date.