42 CFR 84.71 - Self-contained breathing apparatus; required components.
(a) Each self-contained breathing apparatus described in § 84.70 shall, where its design requires, contain the following component parts:
(1) Facepiece or mouthpiece, and noseclip;
(2) Respirable breathing gas container;
(3) Supply of respirable breathing gas;
(4) Gas pressure or liquid level gages;
(6) Remaining service life indicator or warning device;
(7) Hand-operated valves;
(8) Breathing bag;
(9) Safety relief valve or safety relief system; and
(b) The components of each self-contained breathing apparatus shall meet the minimum construction requirements set forth in subpart G of this part.