42 CFR 93.313 - Institutional investigation report.
The final institutional investigation report must be in writing and include:
(f)Statement of findings. For each separate allegation of research misconduct identified during the investigation, provide a finding as to whether research misconduct did or did not occur, and if so -
(1) Identify whether the research misconduct was falsification, fabrication, or plagiarism, and if it was intentional, knowing, or in reckless disregard;
(2) Summarize the facts and the analysis which support the conclusion and consider the merits of any reasonable explanation by the respondent;
(3) Identify the specific PHS support;
(4) Identify whether any publications need correction or retraction;
(5) Identify the person(s) responsible for the misconduct; and
(6) List any current support or known applications or proposals for support that the respondent has pending with non-PHS Federal agencies.
(h)Maintain and provide records. Maintain and provide to ORI upon request all relevant research records and records of the institution's research misconduct proceeding, including results of all interviews and the transcripts or recordings of such interviews.