42 CFR 93.413 - HHS compliance actions.
(a) An institution's failure to comply with its assurance and the requirements of this part may result in enforcement action against the institution.
(b) ORI may address institutional deficiencies through technical assistance if the deficiencies do not substantially affect compliance with this part.
(c) If an institution fails to comply with its assurance and the requirements of this part, HHS may take some or all of the following compliance actions:
(1) Issue a letter of reprimand.
(2) Direct that research misconduct proceedings be handled by HHS.
(3) Place the institution on special review status.
(4) Place information on the institutional noncompliance on the ORI Web site.
(5) Require the institution to take corrective actions.
(6) Require the institution to adopt and implement an institutional integrity agreement.
(7) Recommend that HHS debar or suspend the entity.
(8) Any other action appropriate to the circumstances.
(d) If the institution's actions constitute a substantial or recurrent failure to comply with this part, ORI may also revoke the institution's assurance under §§ 93.301 or 93.303.
(e) ORI may make public any findings of institutional noncompliance and HHS compliance actions.