42 CFR § 93.413 - HHS compliance actions.
(b) ORI may address institutional deficiencies through technical assistance if the deficiencies do not substantially affect compliance with this part.
(c) If an institution fails to comply with its assurance and the requirements of this part, HHS may take some or all of the following compliance actions:
(1) Issue a letter of reprimand.
(2) Direct that research misconduct proceedings be handled by HHS.
(3) Place the institution on special review status.
(4) Place information on the institutional noncompliance on the ORI Web site.
(5) Require the institution to take corrective actions.
(6) Require the institution to adopt and implement an institutional integrity agreement.
(7) Recommend that HHS debar or suspend the entity.
(8) Any other action appropriate to the circumstances.
(e) ORI may make public any findings of institutional noncompliance and HHS compliance actions.