42 CFR 93.508 - Filing, forms, and service.
(1) Unless the ALJ provides otherwise, all submissions required or authorized to be filed in the proceeding must be filed with the ALJ.
(2) Submissions are considered filed when they are placed in the mail, transmitted to a private delivery service for the purpose of delivering the item to the ALJ, or submitted in another manner authorized by the ALJ.
(1) Unless the ALJ provides otherwise, all submissions filed in the proceeding must include an original and two copies. The ALJ may designate the format for copies of nondocumentary materials such as videotapes, computer disks, or physical evidence. This provision does not apply to the charge letter or other written notice provided under § 93.405.
(2) Every submission filed in the proceeding must include the title of the case, the docket number, and a designation of the nature of the submission, such as a “Motion to Compel the Production of Documents” or “Respondent's Proposed Exhibits.”
(3) Every submission filed in the proceeding must be signed by and contain the address and telephone number of the party on whose behalf the document or paper was filed, or the attorney of record for the party.
(c)Service. A party filing a submission with the ALJ must, at the time of filing, serve a copy on the other party. Service may be made either to the last known principal place of business of the party's attorney if the party is represented by an attorney, or, if not, to the party's last known address. Service may be made by -
(1) Certified mail;
(2) First-class postage prepaid U.S. Mail;
(3) A private delivery service;
(4) Hand-delivery; or
(5) Facsimile or other electronic means if permitted by the ALJ.
(d)Proof of service. Each party filing a document or paper with the ALJ must also provide proof of service at the time of the filing. Any of the following items may constitute proof of service:
(1) A certified mail receipt returned by the postal service with a signature;
(2) An official record of the postal service or private delivery service;
(4) Other proof authorized by the ALJ.