43 CFR 2.16 - What is the basic time limit for responding to a request?
(a) Ordinarily, the bureau has 20 workdays (including the date of receipt) to determine whether to comply with a request, but unusual circumstances may allow the bureau to take longer than 20 workdays (see § 2.19 of this subpart).
(b) A consultation or referral under § 2.13 of this part does not restart the statutory time limit for responding to a request.
- 43 CFR 2.57 — When May You File an Appeal?
- 43 CFR 2.15 — What Is Multitrack Processing and How Does It Affect Your Request?
- 43 CFR 2.18 — When Can the Bureau Suspend the Basic Time Limit?
- 43 CFR 2.19 — When May the Bureau Extend the Basic Time Limit?
- 43 CFR 2.51 — What if the Bureau Needs Clarification About Fee Issues?