§ 2.82How can I obtain employee testimony or Department records?
(a) To obtain employee testimony, you must submit:
(1) A written request (hereafter a “Touhy Request;” see§ 2.84 and United States ex rel. Touhy v. Ragen,340 U.S. 462 (1951)); and
(2) A statement that you will submit a check for costs to the Department of the Interior, in accordance with § 2.85, if your Touhy Request is granted.
(b) To obtain official Department records, you must submit:
(1) A Touhy Request; and
(2) A Statement that you agree to pay the costs of duplication in accordance with 43 CFR part 2, appendix A, if your Touhy Request is granted.
(c) You must send your Touhy Request to:
(1) The employee's office address;
(2) The official in charge of the employee's bureau, division, office or agency; and
(3) The appropriate unit of the Solicitor's Office.
(d) To obtain employee testimony or records of the Office of Inspector General, you must send your Touhy Request to the General Counsel for the Office of Inspector General.
(e)43 CFR part 2, appendix B contains a list of the addresses of the Department's bureaus and offices and the units of the Solicitor's Office. The General Counsel for the Inspector General is located at the address for the Office of the Inspector General. If you do not know the employee's address, you may obtain it from the employee's bureau or office.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.