43 CFR 3110.1 - Lands available for noncompetitive offer and lease.
(1) Effective June 12, 1988, through January 2, 1989, noncompetitive lease offers may be filed only for lands available under § 3110.1(b) of this title. Noncompetitive lease offers filed after December 22, 1987, and prior to June 12, 1988, for lands available for filing under § 3110.1(a) of this title shall receive priority. Such offers shall be exposed to competitive bidding under subpart 3120 of this title and if no bid is received, a noncompetitive lease shall be issued all else being regular. After January 2, 1989, noncompetitive lease offers may be filed on unleased lands, except for:
(i) Those lands which are in the one-year period commencing upon the expiration, termination, relinquishment, or cancellation of the leases containing the lands; and
(ii) Those lands included in a Notice of Competitive Lease Sale or a List of Lands Available for Competitive Nominations. Neither exception is applicable to lands available under § 3110.1(b) of this title.
(2) Noncompetitive lease offers may be made pursuant to an opening order or other notice and shall be subject to all provisions and procedures stated in such order or notice.
(3) No noncompetitive lease may issue for any lands unless and until they have satisfied the requirements of § 3110.1(b) of this title.
(b) Lease. Only lands that have been offered competitively under subpart 3120 of this title, and for which no bid has been received, shall be available for noncompetitive lease. Such lands shall become available for a period of 2 years beginning on the first business day following the last day of the competitive oral auction, or when formal nominations have been requested as specified in § 3120.3-1 of this title, or the first business day following the posting of the Notice of Competitive Lease Sale, and ending on that same day 2 years later. A lease may be issued from an offer properly filed any time within the 2-year noncompetitive leasing period.
- 43 CFR 3120.5-3 — Award of Lease.
- 43 CFR 3110.2 — Priority.
- 43 CFR 3110.1 — Lands Available for Noncompetitive Offer and Lease.
- 43 CFR 3120.1-1 — Lands Available for Competitive Leasing.
- 43 CFR 3110.6 — Withdrawal of Offer.
- 43 CFR 3120.5-1 — Oral Auction.
- 43 CFR 3101.1-3 — Stipulations and Information Notices.