43 CFR 3251.14 - Do I need a bond for conducting exploration operations?

§ 3251.14 Do I need a bond for conducting exploration operations?

(a) You must not start any exploration operations on BLM-managed lands until we approve your bond. You may meet the requirement for an exploration bond in two ways:

(1) If you have an existing nationwide or statewide oil and gas exploration bond, provide a rider in an amount we have specified to include geothermal resources exploration operations; or

(2) If you must file a new bond for geothermal exploration, the minimum amounts are:

(i) $5,000 for a single operation;

(ii) $25,000 for all of your operations within a state; and

(iii) $50,000 for all of your operations on public lands nationwide.

(b) See subparts 3214 and 3215 for additional details on bonding procedures.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 43 - PUBLIC LANDS
Public Laws
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.