43 CFR 3275.14 - What aspects of my geothermal operations must I measure?
(a) For all well operations, you must measure wellhead flow, wellhead temperature, and wellhead pressure.
(b) For all electrical generation facilities, you must measure:
(1) Steam and/or hot water flow entering the facility;
(2) Temperature of the water and/or steam entering the facility;
(3) Pressure of the water and/or steam entering the facility;
(4) Gross electricity generated;
(5) Net electricity at the facility tailgate;
(6) Electricity delivered to the sales point; and
(7) Temperature of the steam and/or hot water exiting the facility.
(c) For direct use facilities, you must measure:
(1) Flow of steam and/or hot water; and
(2) Temperature of the steam or water entering the facility.
(d) We may also require additional measurements, depending on the type of facility, the type and quality of the resource, and the terms of the sales contract.