43 CFR 35.19 - Pre-hearing conferences.
(a) The ALJ may schedule pre-hearing conferences as appropriate.
(b) Upon the motion of any party, the ALJ shall schedule at least one pre-hearing conference at a reasonable time in advance of the hearing.
(c) The ALJ may use pre-hearing conferences to discuss the following:
(1) Simplification of the issues;
(2) The necessity or desirability of amendments to the pleadings, including the need for a more definite statement;
(3) Stipulations and admissions of fact or as to the contents and authenticity of documents;
(4) Whether the parties can agree to submission of the case on a stipulated record;
(5) Whether a party chooses to waive appearance at an oral hearing and to submit only documentary evidence (subject to the objection of other parties) and written argument;
(6) Limitation of the number of witnesses;
(7) Scheduling dates for the exchange of witness lists and of proposed exhibits;
(9) The time and place for the hearing; and
(10) Such other matters as may tend to expedite the fair and just disposition of the proceedings.