43 CFR 3809.334 - What if I temporarily stop conducting operations under a notice?
(a) If you stop conducting operations for any period of time, you must -
(1) Maintain public lands within the project area, including structures, in a safe and clean condition;
(2) Take all steps necessary to prevent unnecessary or undue degradation; and
(3) Maintain an adequate financial guarantee.
(b) If the period of non-operation is likely to cause unnecessary or undue degradation, BLM, in writing, will -
(1) Require you to take all steps necessary to prevent unnecessary or undue degradation; and
(2) Require you, after an extended period of non-operation for other than seasonal operations, to remove all structures, equipment, and other facilities and reclaim the project area.