43 CFR 3833.21 - When may I amend a notice or certificate of location?
(1) BLM recognizes the original location as a properly recorded and maintained mining claim or site; and
(2) There are omissions or other defects in the original notice or certificate of location that you need to correct or clarify; or
(3) You need to correct the legal land description of the claim or site, the mining claim name, or accurately describe the position of discovery or boundary monuments or similar items; or
(4) You need to reposition the sidelines of your lode claim so that they are parallel to the discovered lode, ledge, or vein, if there are no intervening rights to the land; or
(2) Relocate or re-establish mining claims or sites you previously forfeited or BLM declared void for any reason;
(c) You may not amend legal descriptions of mining claims or sites after the land is closed to mineral entry, unless—
(2) You need to correct or clarify defects or omissions in the original notice or certificate of location;
Title 43 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.