43 CFR § 3924.5 - Notice of sale.
(a) After the BLM complies with subparts 3921and 3922, the BLM may publish a notice of the lease sale in the Federal Register containing all information required by paragraph (b) of this section. The BLM will also publish a similar notice of lease sale that complies with this section once a week for 3 consecutive weeks, or such other time deemed appropriate by the BLM, in 1 or more newspapers of general circulation in the county or counties in which the oil shale lands are situated. The notice of the sale will be posted in the appropriate State Office at least 30 days prior to the lease sale.
(b) The notice of sale will:
(1) List the time and place of sale, the bidding method, and the legal land descriptions of the tracts being offered;
(2) Specify where a detailed statement of lease terms, conditions, and stipulations may be obtained;
(3) Specify the royalty rate and the amount of the annual rental;
(4) Specify that, prior to lease issuance, the successful bidder for a particular lease must pay the identified cost recovery amount, including the bidder's proportionate share of the total cost of the NEPA analysis and of publication of the notice; and
(5) Contain such other information as the BLM deems appropriate.
(c) The detailed statement of lease terms, conditions, and stipulations will, at a minimum, contain:
(1) A complete copy of each lease and all lease stipulations to the lease; and
(2) Resource information relevant to the tracts being offered for lease and the minimum production requirement.