43 CFR 4300.50 - Are there other uses of the land that may affect my permit?

prev | next
§ 4300.50 Are there other uses of the land that may affect my permit?

Yes. The lands described in your grazing permit and the subsurface can be affected by uses that BLM considers more important than grazing. Your permit can be modified or reduced in size or canceled by BLM to allow for:

(a) Protection, development and use of the natural resources, e.g., minerals, timber, and water, under applicable laws and regulations;

(b) Agricultural use;

(c) Applications for and the acquisition of homesites, easements, permits, leases or other rights and uses, or any disposal or withdrawal, under the applicable public land laws; or

(d) Temporary closing of portions of the permitted area to grazing whenever, because of improper handling of reindeer, overgrazing, fire or other cause, BLM judges this necessary to restore the range to its normal condition.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code