43 CFR 431.7 - Administration and management of the Colorado River Dam Fund.
Reclamation is responsible for the repayment of the Project and the administration of the Colorado River Dam Fund and the Lower Colorado River Basin Development Fund.
(a) All receipts to the Project shall be deposited in the Fund along with electric service revenues deposited by Western and shall be available without further appropriation for:
(1) Defraying the costs of operation (including purchase of supplemental energy to meet temporary deficiencies in firm energy which the Secretary of Energy is obligated by contract to supply), maintenance, and replacements of all Project facilities, including emergency replacements necessary to insure continuous operations;
(2) Payment of annual interest on the unpaid investments in accordance with appropriate statutory authorities;
(3) Repayment of capital investments including amounts readvanced from the Treasury;
(4) Payments to the States of Arizona and Nevada as provided in section 2(c) of the Adjustment Act and section 403(c)(2) of the Colorado River Basin Project Act;
(5) Transfers to the Lower Colorado River Basin Development Fund and subsequent transfers to the Upper Colorado River Basin Fund, as provided in section 403(c)(2) of the Colorado River Basin Project Act and section 102(c) of the Hoover Power Plant Act, as reimbursement for the monies expended heretofore from the Upper Colorado River Basin Fund to meet deficiencies in generation at Hoover Dam during the filling period of storage units of the Colorado River Storage Project in accordance with the provisions of sections 403(g) and 502 of the Colorado River Basin Project Act, such transfers, totalling $27,591,621.25, to be effected by 17 annual payments of $1,532,868.00 beginning in 1988 and a final payment of $1,532,865.25 in 2005; and
(6) Any other purposes authorized by existing and future Federal law.
(b) Appropriations for the visitor facilities program and any other purposes authorized by existing and future Federal law advanced or readvanced to the Fund shall be disbursed from the Fund for those purposes.
(c) All funds advanced by non-Federal Contractors for the Uprating Program shall be deposited in the Fund, shall be available without further appropriation, and shall be disbursed from the Fund to accomplish the Uprating Program.
(d) The Fund shall be administered and managed in accordance with applicable Federal laws and regulations, by the Secretary acting through the Commissioner.