44 CFR 1.16 - Adoption of a final rule.
(a) All timely comments will be considered in taking final action on a proposed rule. Each preamble to a final rule will contain a short analysis and evaluation of the relevant significant issues set forth in the comments submitted, and a clear concise statement of the basis and purpose of the rule.
(1) A discussion of the background and major issues involved;
(3) A response to substantive public comments received; and
(4) Any other information the Administrator considers appropriate.
(c) At the time of publication of the final rule, a statement shall be published describing how the public may obtain copies of the final regulatory flexibility analysis which must be prepared in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 604 unless the procedure for waiver or delay of completion under 5 U.S.C. 608 is followed.
(1) Make a determination that the regulation is clearly within the authority delegated by law and consistent with congressional intent and include in the Federal Register at the time of promulgation a memorandum of law supporting that determination; and
(2) Make a determination that the factual conclusions upon which the rule is based have substantial support in the agency record, viewed as a whole, with full attention to public comments in general and the comments of persons directly affected by the rule in particular.