44 CFR 65.2 - Definitions.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this part, the definitions set forth in part 59 of this subchapter are applicable to this part.
(b) For the purpose of this part, a certification by a registered professional engineer or other party does not constitute a warranty or guarantee of performance, expressed or implied. Certification of data is a statement that the data is accurate to the best of the certifier's knowledge. Certification of analyses is a statement that the analyses have been performed correctly and in accordance with sound engineering practices. Certification of structural works is a statement that the works are designed in accordance with sound engineering practices to provide protection from the base flood. Certification of “as built” conditions is a statement that the structure(s) has been built according to the plans being certified, is in place, and is fully functioning.
(c) For the purposes of this part, “reasonably safe from flooding” means base flood waters will not inundate the land or damage structures to be removed from the SFHA and that any subsurface waters related to the base flood will not damage existing or proposed buildings.
- 44 CFR 65.13 — Mapping and Map Revisions for Areas Subject to Alluvial Fan Flooding.
- 44 CFR 65.6 — Revision of Base Flood Elevation Determinations.
- 44 CFR 65.5 — Revision to Special Hazard Area Boundaries With No Change to Base Flood Elevation Determinations.
- 44 CFR 65.10 — Mapping of Areas Protected by Levee Systems.
- 44 CFR 65.7 — Floodway Revisions.
Title 44 published on 2015-11-10.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 44 CFR Part 65.