44 CFR 78.3 - Responsibilities.
(1) Allocate Technical Assistance and Planning Grants to each State through the annual Cooperative Agreements;
(3) Award all FMA project grants, after evaluating applications for minimum eligibility criteria and ensuring compliance with applicable Federal laws.
(b)State. The State will serve as grantee through the State Point of Contact (POC) designated by the Governor. The POC must have working knowledge of NFIP goals and processes and will ensure that FMA is coordinated with other mitigation activities at the State level. If a Governor chooses not to identify a POC to coordinate the FMA, communities may follow alternative procedures as described in § 78.14. States will:
(1) Provide technical assistance to communities to assist them in developing applications and implementing approved applications;
(2) Award planning grants;
(3) Submit plans to the FEMA Regional Administrator for approval;
(4) Evaluate project applications, selecting projects to forward to the FEMA Regional Administrator for final approval; and
(c)Community. The community will:
(1) Complete and submit applications to the State POC for the Planning and Projects Grants;
(2) Prepare and submit the Flood Mitigation Plan;
(3) Implement all approved projects;
(5) Account for the appropriate use of grant funds to the State POC.
Title 44 published on 2015-11-10
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 44 CFR Part 78 after this date.
Title 44 published on 2015-11-10.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 44.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.