44 CFR 79.2 - Definitions.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this part, the definitions set forth in section 59.1 of this subchapter are applicable to this part.
(c) Community means:
(1) A political subdivision, including any Indian Tribe, authorized Tribal organization, Alaska Native village or authorized native organization, that has zoning and building code jurisdiction over a particular area having special flood hazards, and is participating in the NFIP; or
(2) A political subdivision of a State, or other authority that is designated by a political subdivision to develop and administer a mitigation plan.
(d) Grantee means the State or Indian tribal government to which FEMA awards a grant and which is accountable for the use of the funds provided. The grantee is the entire legal entity, even if only a particular component of the entity is designated in the grant award document.
(e) Indian Tribal government means any Federally recognized governing body of an Indian or Alaska Native Tribe, band, nation, pueblo, village, or community that the Secretary of Interior acknowledges to exist as an Indian Tribe under the Federally Recognized Indian Tribe List Act of 1994, 25 U.S.C. 479a. This does not include Alaska Native corporations, the ownership of which is vested in private individuals.
(f) Market Value is generally defined as the amount in cash, or on terms reasonably equivalent to cash, for which in all probability the property would have sold on the effective date of the valuation, after a reasonable exposure time on the open competitive market, from a willing and reasonably knowledgeable seller to a willing and reasonably knowledgeable buyer, with neither acting under any compulsion to buy or sell, giving due consideration to all available economic uses of the property at the time of the valuation.
(g) Multifamily Property means a property consisting of 5 or more residences.
(1) That have incurred flood-related damage for which 4 or more separate claims payments have been made, with the amount of each claim (including building and contents payments) exceeding $5,000, and with the cumulative amount of such claims payments exceeding $20,000; or
(2) For which at least 2 separate claims payments (building payments only) have been made under such coverage, with cumulative amount of such claims exceeding the market value of the building.
(3) In both instances, at least 2 of the claims must be within 10 years of each other, and claims made within 10 days of each other will be counted as 1 claim.
(i) Subapplicant means a State agency, community, or Indian tribal government submitting an application for planning or project activity to the applicant for assistance under the FMA or SRL programs. Upon grant award, the subapplicant is referred to as the subgrantee.
(k) Subgrantee means the State agency, community, or Indian tribal government or other legal entity to which a subgrant is awarded and which is accountable to the grantee for the use of the funds provided.
(l) Administrator means the head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or his/her designated representative.
(m) Regional Administrator means the head of a Federal Emergency Management Agency regional office, or his/her designated representative.
Title 44 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 44 CFR Part 79 after this date.