45 CFR § 1171.4 - Public availability of records.
(a) In accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(2), the NEH will make the following records available for public inspection in an electronic format (unless they are published and copies are offered for sale) without a FOIA request:
(1) Final opinions, including concurring and dissenting opinions, as well as orders made in the adjudication of cases,
(2) Statements of policy and interpretations which have been adopted by the agency and are not published in the Federal Register,
(3) Administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public,
(4) Copies of all records, regardless of format, which have been released to any person under 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(3) and which because of their subject matter, the NEH determines have become or are likely to become subject to subsequent requests for substantially the same records, or have been requested three (3) or more times; and
(5) A general index of the records referred to in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) The NEH will also maintain and make available for public inspection in an electronic format current indexes as required by 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(2) of the FOIA. However, since the NEH has determined that publication and distribution of these indexes is unnecessary and impracticable, the NEH will provide these indexes upon request at a cost not to exceed the direct cost of the duplication.
(c) NEH proactively identifies records of interest to the public, such as past awards, press releases, grant guidelines, and grant terms and conditions, and makes these records available on the NEH's Web site at www.neh.gov. In addition, copies of the NEH's policy statements, information about the NEH's FOIA program, sample grant narratives, and other frequently requested records are available in the NEH's Electronic Library.