45 CFR 1302.10 - Selection among applicants.
(a) The basis for selection of applicants proposing to operate a Head Start program will be the extent to which the applicants demonstrate in their application the most effective Head Start program.
(b) In addition to the applicable criteria at section 641(d) of the Head Start Act, the criteria for selection will include:
(1) The cost effectiveness of the proposed program;
(2) The qualifications and experience of the applicant and the applicant's staff in planning, organizing and providing comprehensive child development services at the community level, including the administrative and fiscal capability of the applicant to administer all Head Start programs carried out in the designated service area;
(3) The quality of the proposed program as indicated by adherence to or evidence of the intent and capability to adhere to Head Start Performance Standards (in 45 CFR part 1304) and program policies, including the opportunities provided for employment of target area residents and career development for paraprofessional and other staff and provisions made for the direct participation of parents in the planning, conduct and administration of the program;
(4) The proposed program design and option including the suitability of facilities and equipment proposed to be used in carrying out the program, as it relates to community needs and as the applicant proposes to implement the program in accordance with program policies and regulations; and
(5) The need for Head Start services in the community served by the applicant.
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 1302 after this date.